Good news - PJ isn't being too persistent so far as the Christmas tree and the train go. As usual, I thought it would be terrible and it hasn't been that bad. This is me...the pessimist (I choose to believe I'm a realist), RJ is the optimist (I choose to believe he's an idealist). I still say it is better to think the worst so you are pleasantly surprised when the worst doesn't happen...this is preferable to being disappointed, but RJ wouldn't be disappointed if he thought PJ wouldn't play with the tree and he did. The take home message here: PJ isn't bothering the tree and this is good.
The tree and the outside lights are all the decorations we have up right now. LJ "helped" with the tree and PJ clawed at my legs and wanted me to pick him up the whole time I tried to help. This means that RJ pretty much put the tree up by himself AND it took longer than usual due to the help. But, LJ was so proud of himself for helping. Today, he helped me dust the house...which he is pretty good at - for a 3 year old.
The boys have both been sick. PJ has had a fever since Sunday - with today being his first day without. LJ had a fever yesterday and the night before. Yesterday, he asked to go to bed at 10:30 in the morning and slept until 1:30. I had him go back to bed at 3:00 and got him up at 5:00. He slept well last night (PJ did not) and seems OK today. I think PJ is realizing he's hungry due to the lack of eating he's done over the past 3 days...that's what I'm going with anyway.
I'm off of work until January, so I am getting used to being home all day...let's say I'll likely get used to it just in time to go back to work.
While putting up the Christmas tree, LJ and PJ were playing in a box together. I asked LJ if he's happy to have a little brother to play with...he said, "oh yes!" Then I asked if he thought he'd like another little brother one day, he said "oh yes!...or...maybe a little girl!" I thought this was very funny. He is in a phase where he points out things that are for girls and things that are for boys. I think the defining characteristic of girl things is that they are pink.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yes i always say: start out depressed and everything comes as a pleasant surprise. (or actually the eli young band said it first and i just copycat them. but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, is it not?)
there are a lot more boy colors than girl colors. yellow, blue, green, red...really all of them except for pink and purple. what is up with that.
Post a Comment