Thursday, December 20, 2007

200th Post

Have YOU read them all?

This will likely be short because I hear PJ playing in his crib. I'd prefer him to nap, but he seems bent on keeping those short today. Yesterday was almost 2 hours in the morning and almost 2 hours in the afternoon, but I guess they can't all be days like that.

Things are busy, yet slow, around the J house. RJ is working on the garage and this keeps him busy and keeps our house full as his parents have been very generous with their help. From what I can tell - they are almost to the point that the garage 'looks finished' from the outside - yet has no electricity or water, so it isn't really finished. Plus, there is the issue of the driveway and parking area to be finished. But, progress is definitely being made.

PJ says Mama and Dada - to the correct people...and some days - it is all MAMA MAMA MAMA all the time. I finally decided I'd had enough of this acid reflux business and took him to the doctor. He is now on 2ml of Zantac 2x a day - and we do think it is helping. He has had a much more pleasant disposition and has not been clinging to my leg, begging me to pick him up as much as he had been. He now eagerly opens his mouth for his food - he had been pinching his lips together. And, the best is - he is sleeping MUCH better at night. As I understand it, the Zantac doesn't keep him from spitting up, etc. - it just reduces the acid production, so the spit up, burping, etc. is not painful.

LJ is starting to do simple math. I'm not kidding - he'll be playing and I'll hear him say, "If I have 3 cars and I take one away, now I have 2 cars" - and stuff like this. So, he's not interested in using the potty, but he's adding and subtracting cars like a pro.

I'm busy making peanut brittle, mailing out Christmas cards, and hiding gifts from children and husbands.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have read them all!!! Merry Christmas!! Love, Lena

Anonymous said...

I think I have read them! I'll have to go back and read them all again to be sure...
Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!! Love, AA

Anonymous said...

husbandS!?!?
whoa whoa whoa.

thesharester said...

read and LOVED them...your blog is so cool, i'm very proud of the length of your dedication and hope you keep it up.

Unknown said...

now what kind of auntie would I be if I hadn't?