Thursday, October 18, 2007

Random Catch-up Entries...

PJ has cleared: rice cereal, sweet potato, squash, carrots, pears, and bananas. He's tried peaches, but that night he slept HORRIBLY, so I didn't give him peaches a second day. Instead, I gave him apple sauce yesterday. Later that evening, he projectile vomited 2x within a 20 minute period of time...right before bedtime...and RJ was not home. LJ has never vomited (knocking on wood), so I've made it almost 3 years having to deal with nobody's vomit but my own. It is truly pathetic to watch a 6 month old (almost) be so sick. Of course, there is no warning as to when this will occur, so I immediately have visions of cleaning this up all over the house. Luckily, (knocking on wood) PJ did not vomit again and seems to be fine...RJ is having gastro-intestinal woes today, so perhaps there is a "touch of something" in the air. Or, perhaps PJ's system did not care for rice cereal and apple sauce, but those are so bland I have a hard time thinking he's allergic. I will say there was an aroma of baby-food peaches after the expulsions, but he ate those over 24 hours earlier, so is it possible he would wait that long to react? I have no solid food planned for today...I'm sure you can understand.

PJ is crawling. Full-on crawling. He's been mobile for about 4 weeks, but now he's got coordinated arm/leg movement.

LJ is a singing fool. He knows several songs and, while not in great tune, sings them well (thanks to Jfer and to PJ's delight).

LJ has hit the terrible-twos - with less than 1 month to go. He just isn't listening and isn't as compliant, so he's spent some time in the naughty chair. Once, the naughty chair wasn't doing the trick (he seemed to be enjoying himself too much), so I made him stand with his nose on the wall.

LJ is, for the most part, a very happy, loving, sweet boy - this is why we know he *can* be such a good boy!

LJ is excited that Uncle B's tractor is in our driveway! RJ is starting to get the site ready for the delivery of his garage (steel building) on November 2nd. Then - construction begins...I've been told that, with the help of the male J's (brothers and father), it'll take 2-3 weeks. I remain hopeful this is true because I know how thrilled RJ is to finally have his garage - I'll let you know.

MJ is not getting on the computer as much because it seems that LJ and PJ have less and less time where they are simultaneously occupied...one or the other always seems to need my attention.

MJ realizes how much she took for granted how easy it used to be to jump out of the car and run in to get something. Now, she wishes there was a drive-thru grocery store.

I (I’ll cease with the MJ) enjoyed two weekends of “me” activities. One – some girlfriends from college came to town and we partook in college activities. Very much fun – although, I stayed up way too late! The other – I went on an overnight “mom’s only” trip with some of the ladies from my mommy message board. It was nice to be able to visit with them without having to keep 95% of my attention on my children! I think we decided to make it a 3x a year occurrence.

No comments: