PJ had an appointment with the dr. this morning. He was a very good boy and didn't even get too upset with the heal prick for the PKU test. His stats: 11 lbs. 4.5 oz. and 22 inches long. So, he's eating well and growing just fine. We knew this as he's had the proper number of wet/dirty diapers a day - but, I can tell you that you stop counting these things and just "ballpark it" with the 2nd child. (Chrissy, I'm still keeping my nursing log, so I'm not totally relaxed with #2)
While we went to the dr., LJ went to the neighbor's for a play date. There is a 4-year-old girl who lives behind us and LJ loves to go play with her. I don't know that they "play" together too much, but she has a Dora doll house and this pleases LJ immensely. He still has to spend time in the naughty chair on a daily basis, but he seems to be adjusting to PJ just fine. I think his naughty chair time is a combination of his age + our cracking down on behavior and less a product of PJ.
LJ still naps from about 1:00 until 3:30 or so every day. PJ usually sleeps a bit (sometimes a long bit) during this time as well...so I'm able to get a few things done. Yesterday, I even fell asleep for a while myself.
All-in-all, we are doing great!
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have been waiting anxiously for this update, so I am so glad to hear things are going so smoothly. That is so great! I laughed at the nursing log though, thinking, was I supposed to have ever done that?!
:) Lena
Ah, the nursing log. I found mine the other day while cleaning out my desk. It made me laugh. And, Lena, only mothers with a touch of obsessive-compulsive traits keep this journal. So, I guess you are not in that category.
Annie and I were at Target today and picked up a little something for, as Annie calls him, "L___, my friend."
I am so glad things are going well.
Chrissy
Glad to hear things are going so well with PJ. Happy Mother's Day!!!
KK
Lena - you mean that E and H have no way of knowing at what time and for how long on each side they nursed on day 17 of their life???
I guess M will never know that about her nursing life either, but you all knew that I was never the obsessive compulsive type.
Glad to hear that PJ is doing so well! Love, A
p.s. I took M to see Harry Connick Jr last weekend(oohaah), and that convinced her to stick with piano lessons next year! :-) He was still as entertaining as he was 14 years ago, M! (are we really THAT old?!)
Post a Comment