LJ talks - A LOT - and he says some pretty funny things sometimes. One of my favorites has to do with potty training. LJ is flat-out not interested...not only is he not interested, he just plain won't do it and we are not compelled to force him into it right now. On top of that, everything we read says that you don't want potty training to be a battle of wills. Add to that, everyone who has recently potty trained a child has told me not to sweat it - when they are ready - it'll happen really quickly. We are, however, trying some tactics. We've put a glass jar of M&Ms on the bathroom counter and told LJ that he can get candy by 1) sitting on his potty without his diaper (1 piece), 2) going pee-pee in the potty (2 pieces) or 3) going poo-poo in the potty (3 pieces). We figured LJ would at least want to sit on the potty ALL THE TIME. Nope...not interested. In fact, LJ tells us, "I not want candy". Whenever we change his diaper, we tell him, "if you'd have gone pee pee in the potty, you could have had 2 pieces of candy" - or whatever the situation dictates. Whenever we ask him why he doesn't want to go to the potty - he says, "be-cause, it makes me sad". ???? I have no idea what this means and he can't explain it, so I'm pretty sure it is just something he's heard me say (when he misbehaves sometimes, I tell him it makes me sad - depends on what he's done).
Whenever LJ does something that I don't want him to do and I ask him why he did it - his response is, "be-cause, I said no". ???? Once again, this is something he's heard me say, I'm sure...sounds like me anyway. I write "be-cause" because LJ separates it out like this and it sounds hilarious!
In other news, RJ and I were very busy this past week - with a professional conference we have been planning. 75 people came from all over the state and some from other states. This is 35 more people than came 2 years ago when we hosted this conference. It was successful, but tiring and we are glad it is over. Now, I can actually be on maternity leave - I have been working from home quite a bit as the conference required my attention. Luckily, Jfer was able to babysit both boys with no problems (although, I think she is sure she isn't interested in being the mother of 2 for a while) as LJ was supposed to go stay with Aunt M and Uncle B, but they had to cancel. He was disappointed, but got over it quickly as Jfer managed to play with him quite a bit and keep PJ content.
PJ is doing just great. He has a touch of baby acne right now, but is still as cute as ever. We are debating the pacifier again. He gets rather grunty in the late afternoon and night - and once he passes his gas, burps or other things of this nature, he'll settle a little. I let him suck on my finger sometimes and this seems to help him. So, we're trying to decide if we want to give him a pacifier. We'd like to restrict it to night/bedtime only as we think we'd have issues with LJ if he sees PJ with a pacifier...we'll let you know what we decide.
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
new picture = way cute! its just adorable. and LJ was napping when i stopped by the house when i was in town so i have been missing him and can't wait to see him, as well as his new little brother really soon!
p.s. how does LJ feel about having to share his baby blog?
yup. I will settle for playing with your two boys for now... knowing that eventually you will come home : )
j-fer demonstrated how lj says be-cause so now we go around imitating him! Auntie K
Post a Comment