Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Mission Complete

We did it. We moved rooms over the weekend. RJ and I are now in the room connected to LJ's and our room has become the guest room/part play room. We put some of LJ's toys in there and he has been playing with them. Now, that room awaits LJ's crib and rocking chair, but that won't happen for a couple of weeks. First, RJ has to do some closet remodeling and we have to move our closets over. Plus, we are all still getting used to going into the correct room for the correct reason. I haven't accidentally gone to our old room after one of my many middle-of-the-night trips to the bathroom, so that is good! We can hear every little sound LJ makes though - he currently has a bit of a cough and he wakes up anywhere from 5:30 - 6:30 in the morning...and coughs, sings, and otherwise entertains himself until 7:00 - when he's allowed to get up. Of course, he can't tell time, but he really doesn't call for me until close to 7:00 - and, if he's awake - I don't make him call for me to come...I go in at 7:00 to get him. I guess we've trained his internal clock well?!

#2 is causing me lots of heartburn lately. When LJ was born with so much hair, many people asked me if I'd had a lot of heartburn with him. I did not know this, but it is apparently an "old wives' tale" - heartburn during pregnancy = baby with lots of hair. I don't recall having A LOT of heartburn...certainly not as much as I've had this time around. So, if there is any truth to this, this one will have shoulder length hair at birth. Hmm...in trying to find an interesting link to this myth, I've discovered that studies have been done that show it just might be true...I guess I'd better practice my braiding.

People are starting to voice their opinion regarding gender - so, if you care to weigh-in - be my guest!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My guess is that baby j numero dos is a girl. heartburn - long hair... girls just like to make life a little spicy, and sometimes complicated.

Anonymous said...

yah. its a girl. or a boy.

Anonymous said...

Rachel's guess - a kid.