Sunday, March 11, 2007

Daylight Savings Time (and more)

We've officially lost the hour - the hour "they've" decided to take from us earlier than usual this year. Sure, it is great that LJ slept until 8:00 this morning, but since it was really 7:00 - it is no big deal. One good thing is that LJ seems to know when it is "light enough" to call for us, so maybe he'll sleep until 7:30 or so...for this week. Then he'll adjust and it'll be back to normal I'm sure. It is nice that DST ushers in Spring Break this year...it makes the change much less pronounced.

Speaking of Spring Break - we have a few projects lined up. First, we need to complete "the move". I believe that will begin to happen today. (Yesterday, RJ worked on a car) This part of the move will be a big mess as we have to take everything out of our closets, RJ has to build some shelves and decide on the way to maximize space in the closets, then we have to put things back in the "appropriate" closet. LJ will love the activity and it is likely that there will be articles of clothing we will never see again as LJ will "put them away" somewhere.

We were going to put a fence up between us and our neighbors (that is sure to make a statement) - who are college students...the 4th group to live there since we moved in. The fence is designed to be 1) a visual block so we won't see their slovenliness, 2) a noise block and 3) a trash block as they aren't real good at not putting trash in their yard?! But, this project will not happen this week as it will take 14 days for the fence materials to come in - once they are ordered...and they are not ordered. Along this same line - we are going to fashion a sort of "storm window" which we hope will help with the noise...not only of the neighbors, but of the trains that come through all the time.

There are other projects, but I won't bore you with all of those details.

I am not sleeping well, cannot get comfortable most of the hours of the day and night, am tired and puffy, and have heartburn all the time, but - hey this is par for the course at this point, so everything seems to be normal.

LJ loves his new shorts and t-shirts which I bought at the re-sale shop. I think we are finished with the heater this season as we've had our AC on for about 2 weeks now. It is pretty warm outside, so I decided I'd better get LJ his "summer" wardrobe while I still can. We went to the "new" park yesterday. The "old" park was very crowded, so we went to the park at the school near our house...very fun and LJ ran himself to tired-ness...which is a good thing for a 2 year old!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not seeing a mention of you doing the twist at the wedding - which we happen to have caught on video! KJ