I was happy to see that they now have a selection, albeit very limited, of Diego things...backpack, lunch box, action figure, animal rescue center - but, we did not buy any Diego paraphernalia. I went with a purpose and only got side-tracked by one thing.
My purpose
To buy a wooden train set like the one LJ played with and Aunt ML's house. LJ seems to really like trains lately and I thought he might enjoy having a set with which to play. We brought it home, but waited until he went to bed to set it up. This morning, we told him he had a surprise in the playroom, so he ran out, saw the set and yelled "choo choo" with much excitement!

The Side-tracker
I thought LJ might enjoy a Viewmaster, so that he could see Dora, Diego, and other cool things in 3-D. Have you tried to find a regular, run-of-the-mill, plain-ol' Viewmaster lately? It is impossible. They are all projectors or you insert some thing in it make it animated - really high tech stuff. I found a "gift set" which includes a plain Viewmaster, but has some extra disks...and, it is Dora. Can't go wrong, right? Well, there is only one and from the looks of the box, it has been submerged in water and tossed around the storeroom a few times. But, I decide to buy it anyway. I get to the register and say, "I don't know what happened to this" - she rings it up and it costs 1 cent! Fantastic! I was so excited...1 cent. LJ kind of gets what he's supposed to do, but this morning, he realized you can take the disk out. He disappeared with it for a while...I found it in the DVD player, but I think that is pretty smart actually.

Water Babies - he didn't get upset on Tuesday...until I put him underwater. He only stayed upset until I got the water out of his eyes. The rest of the class, he had a great time. RJ took him today and they played in the baby pool. From what I hear, LJ liked that - he could walk the whole time, but he did fall as he walked to the deeper water and became more buoyant.
4 comments:
haha awesome post...cant wait to see you guys.
Wow, this was indeed some fascinating reading. your bargain of the century should be on the news or something. Should we be stocking up on some where's waldo books for LJ? By the way in the tall city, our pastor dressed up like waldo once and hid at the mall and the youth had to find him. would LJ be good at that or what? or would the person have to be dressed up as dora? KJ
LJ's newest friday friend LOVES to play with choo choo's! Guess what! A week from Friday cousin jeff, feffy, jfer, jennifer... whatever you're going to call me will be moving to College Station! I AM SO EXCITED!
you might want to delete Jeff's comment for certain reasons..and i heart view master! i hope LJ will share with me!
Post a Comment