Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Fun, Work, Sick

LJ and I went to visit my sister and her family (the Ls) for a long weekend while RJ, his brother, and his parents had a long work weekend.

LJ and I had a great time! He got to play with his cousins and his aunt and uncle, go to a fun park, walk 1/2 a mile, "play on" the slip-n-slide (it took him a while to warm up to it), play with the dog, play in the backyard, etc. He was a very good boy and didn't get into any trouble while he was in this new environment. I got to "play with" my sister and hang out with my niece and nephew. I even got to listen to the High School Musical Soundtrack about 4 times and I spent our last afternoon watching High School Musical. It made listening to the soundtrack a whole new experience for me. The best part is that my niece acts out the dialogue and dance scenes - complete with costume changes.

You would have to ask RJ for the details of his weekend. I'm not sure I'd understand it all if I heard it all, but we have our 1949 electricity updated and this is a good thing.

Today, LJ is sick. Runny nose and a likely low-grade fever - we haven't gotten the thermometer out. I've been trying to get the humidifier to work all day and LJ is in a foul mood.

Why does it seem we always have to pay when the routine is altered at all???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rachel bought the high school musical soundtrack yesterday..oh goody.

Anonymous said...

rachel and said cousin definitely need to get together. could be quite entertaining. she may need to stick with the talking and/or dancing.