LJ has started to “cruise”. If at all possible (and, I have to tell you, sometimes he seems to do the impossible), LJ will use furniture, people, standing objects, etc. for support and will try to “walk” rather than crawl. We hear this is the precursor to walking, but who knows when he’ll decide to venture forth unaided? He has “stood” unassisted several times, but I don’t think he realized he was doing it.
He is also getting into more “trouble” these days. He is into everything and gets more frustrated now. If he can’t get a toy to do something he desires, he cries at it. He has started to “yell” at me too. Instead of just crying, he yells in his baby vernacular and I don’t really know what he’s saying, but I can tell he’s giving it to me. He does say “mamamamama” during these times, so I think he is actually talking to me. Yesterday, he was pretty mad when going down for his afternoon nap. We had the most trouble we’ve had in several months…I think I’ve been taking it for granted – how easily he’s been going down for naps and bed.
A top tooth has come through and another is on its way, so it won’t be long before LJ has four teeth total. We have started brushing his teeth as a part of his night time routine and he seems to really enjoy that. No tooth paste – just the brush.
My favorite thing that little LJ is doing has to do with his stuffed dog, “Plopper”. He knows who Plopper is and if you say, “Where’s Plopper?” LJ will look for him, crawl to him and give him hugs and kisses. Sometimes LJ will bring Plopper to me or to RJ so that we can give him hugs and kisses. He certainly has affection for Plopper…so much so that Plopper is taking a tumble through the washer and dryer while Little Baby J is napping.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No documentation on Hurricane Rita blowing through town? How was LJ's first hurricane experience? -A
Well...we had Grandma and Grandpa stay at the shelter and all was fine. We had some wind on Saturday, but no more than I was used to growing up. NO RAIN! We were totally bummed about that - we really need it. I think our lawn is about to burst into flames. So, all the prep for nothing, but that is better than all the prep for something. LJ didn't know the difference - except that he got to spend the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa...which he liked very much!
Post a Comment