Tuesday, September 20, 2005

21SS

The J family has taken possession of a 2006 Rockwood Roo 21SS Hybrid Travel Trailer! It is SUPER COOL!

We left for the first leg of our trip last Friday at 8:30 am. Around noon, we arrived at my sister ML's house - where LJ and I would stay while RJ and "the guys" (MK, MK, and BJ) drove to Ohio to secure the new purchase. BJ arrived not too much later and the MK's arrived around 3:30. The guys took off around 4:00, leaving LJ and me to have a wonderful weekend with the L family.

LJ was a perfect angel the entire weekend. I think the L family thinks he never cries, never whines, and is never in a bad mood. Seriously, he was that good. LJ's cousins camped out on their parents' floor, so LJ and I each had our own room. This was very nice and allowed me to get much better sleep than I would have without my own room. CL and DL entertained LJ all weekend and LJ really seemed to enjoy his time with them. CL is in Kindergarten, so I learned a song about "yellow" and have been singing it ever since. She also likes to tell you what letter words start with and she is very skilled at this. I threw her some curve balls though...like what does “write” start with...and she seemed to take it pretty well! We went to DL's first flag football game and he chased down a break-away run and kept the other team from scoring a touchdown. It was very exciting!

I kept in touch with RJ throughout his trip with a check-in in the AM and a check-in in the PM and it sounded like he was having a good time, but was getting very little sleep. Going to get the trailer was not only a fun adventure, it saved us about $1000.00 over having it delivered...even with the current price of gas.

The guys pulled up to the driveway around 2:30 on Sunday afternoon and I saw the trailer for the first time. My first reaction was, "it looks just like the brochure"...which says good things about the brochure and thus, I was not disappointed as my expectations had been properly set. We went inside and it was hard to get a good feel for it because it was "turtled" (not expanded at all) and it was HOT and the newness was making my eyes water. But, all in all, I could tell I was going to like it. We left to come home and pulled in around 8:00 pm. Towing the trailer did not seem bad and I was not nervous about having it back there. I remember dad towing many things as a child and being somewhat stressed by the possibilities of what might come undone, what might fly off, what might wobble, etc. This seemed very easy and none too precarious. I was very pleased.

It wasn't until last night that I got to go into the trailer and really look around. The side slides out and opens up a ton of floor space. The couch and dining table are in the slid out part. We didn't put the two bunk ends down, but RJ says we'll do that tonight. There are cool cubby storage places all over and it is just super cool. I'm sure you will want to go camping with us!

3 comments:

thesharester said...

very cool! come see me....

Anonymous said...

i like my new hotel room very much - does it have good white noise like my old one? KJ

Anonymous said...

Congrats, that is very cool! You will have much fun in your camper for years to come, its luxury camping!

Lena