Starting Saturday, May 7th, LJ has been in a sleep regression. He has not napped well AND he has been up 2x (instead of 1x) each night. That wouldn’t be so bad except that he has not gone back to sleep with his usual ease. The result: cranky parents. I guess he is going through a “growth spurt”, but this is hard to believe as he actually lost ¼ inch between months 4 and 6. Yep, he actually shrank since his last doctor visit. I suspect this is due to rather inaccurate measuring (especially since the nurse at the 4 month visit didn’t seem too capable…she didn’t know how to use the percentile charts).
6 Month Stats:
Weight – 17 pounds 15.5 ounces (50th percentile)
Height – 26 ¾ inches (75th percentile)
We have introduced peas and then stopped them as LJ had a horrible red rash in the diaper area in conjunction with a diaper that was obviously caused peas. If you can’t understand how this was obvious, trust me, you can tell exactly what a baby of this age has eaten recently. I’m going to get an acorn squash and make that, but I haven’t done that yet, so LJ has been “eating” rice cereal, oatmeal, and the occasional sweet potato.
This past weekend, we had the Js (MJ’s Js) in town for SJ’s (LJ’s cousin and favorite Friday companion) and RJ’s graduations. Ok, they came for SJ’s graduation, but RJ graduated too. SJ walked on Friday night and they didn’t get home until after 11:00. We were in bed, but not for long considering LJ’s growth spurt. RJ’s graduation was Saturday morning and the Js babysat while Mom and I went to his ceremony. We were home by a little after noon and LJ was down for a nap (that ended up lasting 1 and ½ hours). We had hamburgers and hot dogs and then all took part in various afternoon activities.
Sunday, all the company left and we went to visit LJ’s grandma, grandpa, and Uncle B. LJ took about a 2 hour nap on the way there and was pretty pleasant while we visited. He took another nap on the way home, but there was some screaming involved. He can be really pitiful!
Last night, we started to get him ready for bed at 7:30 and had him asleep by 8:00. He slept until 3:30 (imagine angels singing) and went right back down after nursing. He started the day at 7:30 and has had 2 naps of about 1 and ½ hours each. So, maybe his need for food is over and he needs to rest?! Or, maybe he is transitioning to a new schedule that involves longer naps? Who knows?!
Question:
What is a favorite cartoon…one that you woke up to watch on Saturday morning?
Monday, May 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I recall really liking "Hong Kong Phooey - #1 Super Dog". It was on right after Godzilla...which was on around 7:00 am. I was not a big fan of "The Smurfs", but I liked "Looney Tunes" all right. I did not like Road Runner, but the others were A-OK.
I remember Captain Kangaroo and Land of the Lost. Ok, neither one of those are cartoons...but thats what I remember watching as a kid!
Lena
Cartoons? Cartoons? I am not sure we were allowed to watch cartoons when we were little. After all, MJ is the only child in our family who had the luxury of cable TV.
Perhaps I do recall watching Bugs Bunny and I enjoyed that Coyote chasing the Roadrunner around. BEEP BEEP
Big Bro
I didn't watch cartoons much, but I do remember martyj and I arising early on Saturday mornings when I spent the night, and watching the Globetrotters cartoon. Remember the guy with the huge Afro who could pull stuff like TVs and toasters out of his hair? This would probably be considered a terribly un-PC thing these days. Oh, well.
Chrissy
Lena: I LOVED Captain Kangaroo too! I remember the little stories about Simon (I think that was his name) who was a chalk drawing...and it was about stories in his chalk drawn world. And, I remember Picture Pages with Bill Cosby, but Mom could NEVER find the Picture Pages in town. That was a bummer.
Big Bro: We didn't get cable until I was in 6th grade...a girl remembers going from 3 channels (on of which was fuzzy) to 30! I can hear myself now, "LJ, when I was your age, I had 3 channels to watch. You have 180!"
Chrissy: Yes! That Globtrotters cartoon was hilarious. I had forgotten about the guy with the big afro. You are right, that is probably a big no-no today. There was also a guy with really long and rubbery arms who could stand at one end of the court and reach the whole way to the other basket. That's ok, right?!
Hong Kong Phooey was the bomb. SJ reminded me of your blog...I'm in finally.
Post a Comment