Thursday we passed the 4 days necessary to test the sweet potato...to make sure there is no allergic reaction before we introduce the next food. Now we are on to oatmeal. I've thinned it down quite a bit and LJ actually opened his mouth for it yesterday. This is an improvement. It is amazing what affect this little bit of food is having on his diapers! I think his little digestive system is shooting this stuff straight through with very little, if any, processing!
LJ is becoming more and more animated and fun everyday. He is a really happy baby and smiles a ton. When he is really excited, he opens his mouth wide, pants, and kicks his legs. This happens when he sees a new person, when he is playing with a cookie package, when he is jumping in the jumpy seat that hangs from the door, and too many other times to list.
He has not been napping in a nice way...meaning, once I put him down his eyes pop open pretty quickly. So, there isn't a whole lot of napping. When will he take longer naps?! Last night was a good night of sleep, so that coupled with it being Friday, add to that...school is out...and the Js pretty darn happy.
The weather has been nice, so we have been going for a walk every afternoon. Now I'm starting to think about sunscreen. This summer he is going to take a water babies class at the city pool and we are looking forward to that.
Question:
What was a favorite (no batteries required) toy from you childhood?
Friday, May 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
My Mom (your MawMaw) used to play pick-up-sticks we me and I really liked those. I also enjoyed playing jacks!
Candyland really sticks out in my memory!
Lena
Legos!
Dolls, Legos, and the little wooden people.
KK
I had this really cool baseball board game. It involved a few dice and baseball cards. It was based on player statistics and could be played by yoourself if needed. If I only had all those baseball cards, I would be very wealthy...
I also remember an item that was probably not considered a game and it did require electricity... The record player. It had these really large versions of Compact Disc and a needle that moved through these grooves and it produced sound. Your Aunts used to put on an album (that's what the discs were called) by Herb Albert(sp) and the Tiajuana Brass named Whipped Cream and they would dance a really funny dance for hours and hours (or so it seemed). I recall many belly laughs during those dances.
Big Bro
A refrigerator box was our favorite toy. Funny, though, I don't remember the family purchasing new refrigerators, but there always was a box around.
Chrissy
PS Marty J was fond of my "Grease" soundtrack, and we would dance to it. We got in a fight one day because we both wanted to dance to "Greased Lightning". I don't know why we both couldn't dance to it.
legos were good, and cards are always fun to play at MawMaw's house.
Wow, there are many good ones. But since they haven't been mentioned, I would say, Lincoln Logs, Erector sets, and Tinker Toys. Your uncle (R) and I used to each build the best Lincoln Log cabin we could, with identical parts, and then we took turns shooting at each other's with a toy gun that shot ping-pong balls. Whosever cabin stood the longest was the winner! I will have to teach you all the tricks!
Post a Comment