I am so glad that mom and dad’s conference is over! I sure missed them this past week. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVED spending time with SJ…and I’m very sad that she will be gone this summer…and gone from here from now on. She will be on the west coast for the summer, but then she’ll be in her new town with her new job in September. I sure have had fun with her! But, I sure did miss mom and dad this week. On Tuesday, they left the house right after I woke up and didn’t get back until I was in bed. I just couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer. But, I think they came in a looked at me sleeping…a baby can sense these things. I overheard mom telling dad that she just couldn’t imagine not seeing me almost all day everyday and not being able to play with me all the time. I guess that means there is little chance that I’ll ever get sent to day care! I don’t think mom and dad could bear to spend the time away from me. But, this weekend, things seem to be back to normal…and I like that. A baby needs to know what to expect!
But, the unexpected has happened. Mom bought baby food! She said that she was feeling as though she wasn’t having time to make any new foods and she was feeling badly that I haven’t been introduced to anything new in so long. So, she bought me some fruit. I tried bananas this morning and I must say, this is the food I have loved the best so far! She also bought me some hard, little biscuits…they are FUN! AND, they get all over me and I love them! Mom was muttering under her breath while cleaning me up after I ate one, but I’m sure she wasn’t saying anything about those biscuits…how could you not love those?
Speaking of things to love…here is a list of things that make me VERY happy. When I’m happy I smile, laugh, and kick my legs straight, so it is easy to tell! Oh, and these are in no particular order!
I love:
My jumpy seat – hangs from the doorway
My green frog
Mom’s spatula
Mom’s wooden spoon
When someone new walks into the room
The Veggie Tales Theme Song
My baths
My bouncy seat (this is for when I’m in a contemplative mood)
The Waltons
Sucking on Mom’s hair
Getting the mail (I pull the handle all by myself)
Being outside
SJ’s glasses
Eating books
This is all I can think of right now, but I’ll keep thinking about it!
Question:
When you were in grade school – what did you do after school?
Saturday, May 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Back in the day, kindergarten was only half-a-day, so after school...MawMaw made me take a nap. I had an afternoon nap until I was in first grade!
1-6, I had a variable after-school-schedule. Sometimes I went to Brownie/Girl Scout meetings. Sometimes I went to some kind of practice for some kind of activity. But, I was allowed to watch one television show...at some point it got to be two. I watched Leave it to Beaver and The Brady Bunch. I would get upset when Leave it to Beaver would get replaced by The Lone Ranger, but MawMaw told me that little boys like to watch television too. I remember thinking, "Beaver IS a boy!", but whatever.
I suppose I did homework, but I don't really remember having much, if any, in grade school. And, I'd play by myself or outside with the neighborhood kids.
homework if i had any. watched Full House and ate a snack.
I can't blame you for liking bannana bayby food.[my sister loves it]And SJ misses bayby sitting you.
Post a Comment