Apparently, LJ is too young to be scared by thunder and lightening as we had a pretty big storm last night. Actually, it was around 5:00 am. I was surprised that we had not heard from him before this. LJ was in bed and asleep by 9:00 last night...RJ and I were 30 minutes behind him! LJ slept right through the storm...not a peep out of him. I, of course, was wide awake...when I finally fell back to sleep...I dreamed LJ was drowning. Go figure! When I left for work at 7:15...LJ was still asleep. RJ says he woke up pretty quickly after I left, but that was an EXCELLENT night for us!
Our current afternoon routine (I'm not 100% sure what goes on here in the am!) goes something like this. LJ eats. This takes about 30 minutes. Then we read a story. Right now we are reading Bible stories for children. Let me tell you...even though they are for children...Cain still kills Abel...Joseph's brothers still sell him into slavery, etc. You can’t change what happened, but this does seem like a lot for a child to think about…of course, LJ is just looking at the pictures and listening to the comforting voice of his mommy. At the conclusion of the story, we change into a clean diaper and then...TUMMY TIME! Sometimes we are rewarded with a roll over, but mostly just high-head holding. I have run the camcorder for several of these sessions just in case, but all this means is that we have several minutes of LJ on his tummy. Tummy time lasts about 5 minutes and then we have "other" play time. After an hour or so of this, LJ is ready for a nap. This nap lasts anywhere from 30 minutes to the all-time record of 1 and 1/2 hours...this was set yesterday (I was in on an hour of this!). Once LJ awakens, we start the whole process over again.
This weekend LJ's uncle (bigbro), aunt, and many cousins are coming for a visit...I'm sure he'll be a good boy...as usual!
Thursday, February 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
His Maw Maw is coming too!! But not till Sunday. I hope to get there by the time the RAJs get out of church so we can all go out to lunch!!?? Sounds like you have a VERY GOOD night. We had mild thunder here too, but no rain - just another gloomy day.
Post a Comment