Monday, February 21, 2005

LJ's Baptism

The big day was this past Saturday and as Fr. R said, LJ "is now a Christian." All is well that ends well and this ended well. I didn't even get stressed when LJ's Godfather called from about 30 minutes away at about 10 after 11:00. The baptism was scheduled for 11:30, so this presented a small problem. Fr. R said it was ok and we waited. We waited so long that people arrived for a baptism scheduled for noon. So, LJ had about 30 people celebrating with him! He was a good boy and didn't cry when Fr. poured the water over his head. We do that every evening during his bath, so it wasn't a shocking experience for him.

After the baptism, everyone came back to our house and we had a big lunch...fajitas from a local catering place. They always send enough food to cover twice as many people as you told them you would have, so we have TONS of leftovers. The RJ and I will be having fajitas for dinner all this week (and I guess LJ will too...indirectly).

LJ didn't roll over for any of his guests, but he rolled over for RJ this morning. We had some tummy time after lunch today, but all I got was some very high head lifting. We'll try again after his midday snack. He's just waking up from his nap now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your baptism, Luke. And good luck on your continued efforts to roll over.

The Peragines