The last week of October is here...which means November is just around the corner. This past weekend we (Martha and Richard) decided that Luke could have a birthday party for his 7th birthday...you know the kind where he invites his friends. I did not have a birthday party every year. I don't think Richard ever had this kind of birthday party. Clearly, we don't do this every year. I guess we have just set the precedent that 7 is the year for your first birthday party...the kind where you invite your friends. Originally, Luke was determined to have a party at Chuck E Cheese, but eventually he came to like the idea of a pirate-themed party at the Children's Museum. So, I spent part of the weekend constructing invitations 1) to be e-mailed to family and last-year's classmates and 2) to be taken to school to give to this year's classmates. Now we are just awaiting the RSVPs and turning our planning attention to the cake(s).
We also spent some time thinking about this year's Halloween Costumes. The boys have changed their minds about 6x each, so we had to settle them into a plan. Paul wants to be Batman or a skeleton. This is good - we have both of these costumes already - what a relief. Luke finally decided to be a cowboy...he was persuaded by the lure of getting to buy new boots since the only boots we have (much-loved hand me down from Aunt Sharon) are too small. We've picked them out and tried them on...now we have to buy them.
Tonight is the Cub Scout Pack Meeting. Luke should be receiving his Tiger Cub Immediate Recognition Badge and his Bobcat Badge. They are also having the Space Derby tonight. Richard and Luke have been working on their rocket. Richard says that he can't guarantee a win, but he can guarantee a spectacular-looking rocket.
Paul says an ambulance came to school yesterday. All the children watched the ambulance - which supposedly was there for a child not in Paul's class. Paul says the child's "head was chopped off, but he didn't die". Somehow, I think that might have made the paper, so I'm willing to bet that is not what happened.
Ruth has a cold and is cutting a tooth - her 7th. Ah, she has 7 teeth and Luke is turning 7...what symmetry. This week I have started giving her "lactose free" whole milk. I don't think we imagined the change in her demeanor the last time we tried to introduce cow's milk. The doctor says the fat is truly important and nudged that I really should get her to drink it...even if I have to add chocolate syrup to it. I am ready to be finished with nursing. So, the lactose free while milk is my attempt to get there. So far, so good - although she doesn't drink much. At least she isn't letting it drool out of her mouth as her refusal to swallow, so we are making progress.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My friends were impressed with that handsome young Cub Scout they met while in the dining room last week OF COURSE !!! AEJ
Post a Comment