Monday, October 17, 2011

Quick Update

Ruth had the "Dr. Visit from Hades" - although, I used a word much closer to cursing.  This was IT though - the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back (I guess I'm the camel).  We will be finding a new Dr. for the children.  Probably for the adults too.  The wait has grown longer and longer and longer.  The reception staff has grown more combative (in a passive-aggressive sort of way) and the paperwork they ask us to fill out has become ridiculous.  We *like* the Dr. (once we get to see him), but with this visit, he was even a negative.  First, Ruth and I arrived 15 minutes early, as requested (lest our appointment "might be cancelled") to fill out "Caring for your 12-month-old baby" paperwork.  I had to write Ruth's name and the date at the top of a page.  I also had to make a few check-marks to indicate she is walking, says a word or two, eats table food, etc.  It took all of 3 minutes to fill out, BUT - I don't want my appointment to be cancelled!  Then we wait...for 35 minutes past our appointment time...which totaled to 55 minutes after we had arrived.  FINALLY, we got called back to the exam room where we waited for another 20 minutes.  Never mind that Ruth had to be woken from her nap to come to this appointment.  Never mind that I'm trying to keep her from ingesting germs.  I was highly annoyed.  Other massively annoying events occurred, but I won't go into those.  I was actually so mad that I cried when we left...2 HOURS after we arrived.


At 13 months Ruth's stats are:
Weight 26 pounds 8 ounces (96th percentile)
Height 32 inches (98th percentile)
Head Circumference 18.5 inches (89th percentile)


Luke's school appears to have raised enough money to stay open through December, so there you go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the "visit" was awful, but at least you learned what we already knew - that Ruth is at the top of the "scale" Mom