Friday, January 07, 2011

Swaddle System 2

REJ has demonstrated the need for Swaddle System 2, so that is what she got after her middle-of-the-night nursing.  She made it close to 7 hours before waking for sustenance last night - that is much improved.  I know the 45-minutes naps are likely here for a while, so I'm going to try not to sweat those.  Yesterday, she took 5 45-minute naps!  She'll work it out...eventually.

This morning, LJ is off to Kindergarten and PJ is watching a Veggie Tales movie.  Yesterday, the boys came home from school and Lunch Bunch and I could tell they were tired.  However, the established routine is that they don't have to take a nap on Thursdays because they don't get home until 2:45.  After snacks, I suggested PJ get his lion pillow pet and his blanket and snuggle on the floor to watch a tv show.  He did and, as I suspected, he fell asleep.

Last night, we displayed the Christmas lights for the last time, took the family picture in front of the house (with the lights on) and drove around listening to Christmas music for the last time of the 2010 Christmas Season. Today will begin the dreaded task of taking down the Christmas decorations.  I do not like doing this.  But, it will be nice to have the space back.

This weekend, RJ plans to make great strides in getting "the barn" cleaned out so he can put the electricity in.  I plan to make great strides in preparing for the coming semester.

Updating this to add that REJ and I had a fun and interesting time playing school with PJ this morning.  He laid out his blankets on the floor so that we could "sit on the rug" for sharing.  During this sharing episode, I found out that his name (in pretend school) is Cock Robert and I was Jakum.  We practiced identifying our shapes and different musical instruments.  I was giggling on the inside the whole time.

No comments: