It is just me and PJ today - RJ took LJ up to his brother's house to help cut down some tree limbs. I see a trip to Kohl's and other shopping in our future this morning...how easy it must be to only take one child out and about?!
My allergies/sinuses are killing me. It is summer and it has been over 100 everyday for as long as I can remember...what could possibly being growing?
PJ has calmed down from his NOOOOOOOO stage of the last 2 weeks (knock on wood) and he is in a very polite phase. He says please, thank you, and you're welcome all the time and it is too cute. He also likes to sing. He just busts out in song quite a bit. That is hilarious too. Did I mention that he weighed 41 pounds at his dr. visit last month? And, he's 40.5 inches tall. He's 2. Good Gravy.
LJ is all about legos and pretending. He will rearrange this one little lego set I bought him ALL.DAY.LONG. This fascination with legos has given RJ a great new way to approach garage sales. LJ knows he is looking for legos, so now he doesn't ask to buy every toy he sees...he is on the lookout for one specific toy. Evidently, this makes garage sales more enjoyable for RJ. I wouldn't know - this is what he does with them on Saturdays when I'm sleeping past 5:00!
We get in the pool everyday, sometimes before lunch, sometimes after naps, sometimes both. LJ can touch the bottom, so he is good and doesn't need a floatation device. PJ is good in a ring and he scoots himself around the pool rather well. I lay on my raft and "watch on" them (as LJ says) - RJ plays much more with them...pulling them around the pool, letting them ride on his back, etc.
I'm not enjoying this new class I'm teaching. The class itself is ok, the students are fine, but there is a lot of paper-reading and preparation to do on my part...so it is keeping me pretty busy and I always feel like there is work hanging over my head. As soon as this class is done, I start teaching the Axia course...that is totally new and I have deadlines to meet (that I can't change - as I can IRL)...so, I'm kind of not looking forward to it...but, I know that once I've taught it...it'll get easier to teach.
The gym is good - I go to RPM on MWF and this makes me look forward to TR when I'm *only* doing strength training - LOL! I've adjusted my caloric intake and moved toward eating "cleaner" calories. A calorie is a calorie, but instead of eating 100 calories of popcorn, I'm eating 100 calories of apple. That kind of thing. If it weren't for my allergies, I think I'd be feeling better.
RJ is happy to be finished with the concrete. This last part has been under plastic...curing...for the past week. He removed the plastic last night and, now that he is not exhausted and suffering from heat delusions...well, let's just say this isn't the best of all of the pours. It is level and all, but it is kind of rough. He plans to grind it down a little to smooth it out. I believe the next project is electricity for the garage. This involves getting the electric company to come put a pole in a new location.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
PJ is heavier than Annie, but half her age. At least she is taller, but not for long I guess. You grow, PJ!
Chrissy
Post a Comment