Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sick

This weekend finds us on day 6.5 of RJ being sick. He's had a slight fever and aches all week long really. He took the week off from work. On Wednesday, he went to the dr. as he wanted to be sure he didn't have strep or something. The dr. says he just has a virus and he has to tough it out (he did a strep test...negative). RJ was feeling a little better, but now he has a cough and he can't get any rest. He is seriously impervious to any medication. If it is a decongestant, it doesn't decongest him. If it is a cough suppressant, it doesn't suppress. If it is night time formula and it is supposed to knock you out, it doesn't knock him out. I'm sure he is tired of being sick...and I'm ready to have him back in our world.

Meanwhile, PJ has also been a little sick. Runs a slight fever and has a runny nose sometimes. Thursday morning, he woke up with hives. And, he's had hives ever since. They go away in some places and then show up in others...sometimes they look terrible, sometimes better. Everything I've read about hives says that, so long as there is no problem breathing, there isn't much to do. They could go away in hours, days, or months. He hasn't eaten any unusual or new foods and we haven't changed detergents, so I think he's just got hives as a part of the virus he has. He doesn't seem bothered by them.

My allergies are bothering me this morning - or else it is my turn to be sick - I'm hoping for the first. LJ seems to be holding strong...and we have been sleeping in his room so that RJ can have his sick chamber all to himself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you couldn't come over. Jeye enjoyed our trip to the Exotic Animal Ranch and probably not as much, our winery stops on the way to Fredericksburg, but Sara tasted a lot and bought a few bottles to add to their supply. We had a nice lunch at Bejas Restaurant and then came back home about 4:00 p.m. via the Willow Loop Road and back to 281 and home. Swimming and boat-riding were also fun for those who partook (is that a word??) I did ride in the boat, but spent a lot of time reading and trying to keep Jeye smiling. I know she would have enjoyed having a couple of little playmates. Hope everyone is well now. Had a nice surprise visit yesterday afternoon from J'fer, Sharon and Miles. Sharon had come over for lunch for a friend. I had the worst sore neck I have EVER had and so went to Dr. D in the morning. She told me it was a "crick in the neck." I have heard that expression, but never experienced anything like this before. I think I may blame it on the fact that I forgot to take my pillow to the lakehouse. The one I slept on (very old and soft)seemed okay, but I guess maybe not. Dr. D. ordered some muscle relaxant pills for me and J'fer was kind enough to pick them up for me on their way over here. That was a great help as I didn't feel like going out again. The only way to turn to the right was to turn my whole body. Icey Hot cream was no help, thought I'm going to try it again today as the Flexeril is wearing off now (noon). Miles was a little fussy, but cute as ever. They came over about 4:30 and after a short visit, S. fed him and left for home. Give MY BOYS a hug and keep some for their parents. Love to all,