Today was my day to sleep in and I slept until 8:30! Bliss. RJ had taken the kids out - to garage sales, most likely, so I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and 2 cups of coffee while I watched some of my recorded shows. Everyone arrived home around 10:00 and I set to work cleaning up the play room in my 100,000th attempt to declutter this house. Ha - as if that will EVER happen. RJ helped by supporting my decision to throw away Happy Meal toys...thank goodness. I believe we have vowed to disallow Happy/Kid's Meals unless on vacation - then, they can order one and get the toy. Otherwise, they'll eat off of whatever we eat if we are getting fast food. We are putting 4 boxes of toys in the attic and LJ can ask to trade toys out if and when he wants to do so. Right now, he's on day 3 of playing with a little Lego set I bought him on sale. He is all-consumed by it. This has given RJ the idea (and it worked this morning) to have LJ look for Lego's at garage sales. This has given LJ a mission and he is no longer interested in other toys. Sweet. We are down to 4 boxes of toys on the back porch...and I've created a reading nook on the ottoman....since I packed away all but 4 stuffed animals!
After RJ got my attic boxes going for me, he started his work on the pool. He decided to drain it (he is so smart to have put that drain in last year when he put the pool up) and start from scratch...the green water just wasn't going anywhere. Interestingly, the pool wasn't that dirty - mostly just sand and leaves at the bottom. He's cleaned the sides and is now filling it back up. He's doing a great job! The kids enjoyed playing in the sprinklers this morning and now they are enjoying playing in the pool while it is filling up. I'm ignoring our water bill and maintaining a smile! I'm going to have to ignore our electric bill too - it has been in the high 90s ever since we got home.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow!! Four boxes off the porch!!!Good Job.Maw Maw
Post a Comment