Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Catch-up

We are back to normal life...vacation is over. It was great, it was fun, but we were all ready to "get on with summer" - LOL! I feel terrible when I find myself looking forward to something instead of enjoying life as it comes, but I find I am a person who likes to plan, so looking forward is what I do.

A few things about vacation that I don't want to forget:

I think I stopped blogging on the Wednesday of vacation...

Thursday, I'm sure we went to the beach in the morning. LJ met a boy named Sanual (Samuel)who is 7 and they enjoyed playing in the water together. I think the older kids and LJ's desire to play with them encouraged him to be more brave in the waves then I think he would have been otherwise. Everyday at the beach starts to look the same - beach, lunch, naps, beach, dinner, bed - repeat. I did laundry everyday...towels and swimsuits. I spent nap time on the computer working on my Axia training. We spent some time looking at different possibilities for houses to rent...we'd love to be on the beach, but those are just too expensive to justify.


Friday - repeat typical beach day.

Saturday - repeat typical beach day.

Sunday - we left the cape by 8:30 to get Jfer to her plane in Pensacola by 12:30 so she could catch her 2:00 flight home for summer school. We ate at Hardees and then drove to Atlanta. I believe we stopped for a snack at a Cracker Barrel and arrived at our hotel around 6:00. It was a nice Comfort Inn and we ate dinner at CiCi's pizza...where LJ would eat every meal, if allowed.

Monday morning - RJ went to the Urgent Care clinic down the road for his suspected broken rib. He knew there is really nothing to do for a broken rib (sustained by aggressive boogie boarding) unless you've punctured a lung, but he figured they'd give him some pain medication so that he could at least get a decent night's sleep. He was in and out pretty quickly with prescription-strength motrin which seems to be doing the trick. Then, we went to RJ's college-friend's house and spent the morning visiting while the kids played. LJ and PJ were beginning to get tired of not being at their own house and their behavior was starting to wane a bit. LJ is a bit on the sassy side right now and, now that we are home, boot camp has begun. After lunch, we went to the hotel for naps and then back to the neighborhood pool until we all went out to dinner.

Tuesday morning - we headed up to Red Top Mountain State Park to meet Alison and Suzanne...two ladies from my mommy message board. The park is BEAUTIFUL and I am jealous that Alison and Suzanne can go to this park any day they want. The kids loved playing and throwing things in the lake. Alison, Suzanne and I got to visit a bit while RJ kind of spearheaded watching all the kids...he's so nice. We left to check into our hotel and then the kids napped while I worked on Axia. Around 5:00 we headed to Alison's for a cookout and some visiting. The kids played - fairly well...the adults talked. Talking to Alison is like talking to an old friend even though I've never met her IRL.

Wednesday morning - we headed to the World of Coca-Cola - don't bother going. Then we went over to Georgia Tech to say hello to a colleague before getting on I-20 to head to Jackson. We arrived at our hotel in Jackson around 6:30 and met Randi (another lady from my message board, but I've met her several times), Mike and Cadence for dinner at 7:00. We enjoyed talking with them - it was great to see Randi again! We went back to our hotel and went to bed by 9:00. They had just renovated the hotel and the carpet and paint fumes were terrible. I wrote to let them know and am awaiting the refund...it was toxic and was in my clothes and hair the rest of the way home.

Thursday - on the road by 9:00 and home by 6:00 pm.

Friday - LAUNDRY and grocery shopping and Axia.

Saturday - my brother and some of his family arrive to spend the night before picking up Jrod at golf camp. They are back today for Bekah's orientation...new babysitter arriving for college this fall!

Sunday - more with brother and family and my sister and her family arrive for their D's football camp.

Monday - 5:30 at the gym...RPM - so happy to be back, but I know my "sits bones" will need to recondition.

Tuesday - 5:30 at the gym...Body Pump - I decided to pick up where I left off with my weight selection. By 6:00 pm I was aware that was not a good idea! My quads were soooo sore (and still are) - we're talking sore to the touch.

Wednesday - RPM - I *have* to go...or I'll never get my "sits bones" conditioned. And, I thought my quads would do good to have some blood pumping. Um - Oh my - sooo sore. I spent Wednesday trying to persuade the kids to let me sit down and not to sit on my lap! Ate dinner with brother and family and relaxed and perused iphone apps.

Thursday - I took today off from the gym...to let my quads stop their soreness!

I'll try to do a better job blogging - my Axia training took over my computer time, but I'm finished and am awaiting to hear from my "scheduler" to find out when I'll teach my first class.

No comments: