Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wednesday, May 27th

Let's see - what happened on Wednesday? You see, when you are on such a blissful vacation, you lose track of what day it is and what happened on which day. You should try it sometime.

Yes, it started with Jfer having volunteered to get up with the kids so that RJ and I could sleep in. Very nice and we took her up on the offer. RJ slept in, but I had to work on my online training. I finished one 2-week training and another started on Tuesday. I'm doing my best to get my minimum requirements complete first thing in the morning so that I can enjoy the rest of the day.

Jfer made the kids cinnamon rolls and hung out with them. They "found me" on the upstairs deck - where I was working, but she kept them busy so I could get my work done. After breakfast, everyone got sun-screamed and suited up and we headed to the beach. LJ had a terrific time playing in the surf and PJ had a great time being held in the surf. LJ hung out with a boy and girl who were also playing in the surf...RJ talked to the parents as they all hung out close enough to yank a child out of the water. Jfer, RJ and I took turns with the boogie boards and then we headed home...my back was starting to feel a bit scorched.

Everyone showered and ate lunch and then Jfer offered to nap with the kids while RJ and I hung out at the beach. RJ and I took a long walk up the beach, found some great shells, and tried to perfect our boogie boarding. The last run of our stay, RJ yanked my board as I was catching a wave...that gave me just that much more momentum and I rode that wave all the way in...it was F.U.N.

We came home and everyone was still asleep, so we hung out on the deck and tried to dry off. My feet are a bit red as are the tops of my shoulders...

After everyone woke up, we headed out for ice cream and to look around for a different house to rent next year. We want to try to be on the beach - we figure we are more likely to "go" to the beach anytime if we don't have to walk a block to get there. Plus, this house has a ton of dog hair and that is not cool. So, we are scoping some places out.

We ate leftover shrimp, new potatoes, and corn for dinner and then watched HGTV while Jfer did a lot on her computer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

uh-oh what happened on thursday and friday??

thesharester said...

aw sad, no updates :(
miles likes to read your blog while eating.