Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving and Other Musings...

We've been talking about Thanksgiving around the J house - my favorite holiday...all of the food and none of the gift buying. Plus, it involves planning - what to eat, recipes, who brings what, and what time everything needs to happen in order to all be ready at the same time...this is what my brain was made to do! I've been telling LJ who is coming over and what we're eating and he is very excited. In fact, he is so excited that yesterday he asked if it was Thanksgiving and when I said, "not today" - he cried. It was hard not to laugh, but he was truly sad that it wasn't Thanksgiving. I guess I've done a good job of describing it.

LJ had his 3 year check-up. He's perfectly healthy. He told the Dr., "I do NOT want a shot" - luckily, he did not need a shot. He is remaining true to his growth curve weighing in at 45 pounds (insane) and 41 inches tall. Thankfully, his height is as "above average" as his weight. He's a big 3 year old. I'm trying not to think about it.

PJ is totally into mama right now. He follows me around the house and paws at my legs until I pick him up. If he's the slightest bit tired, he will cry until *I* hold him. I'm sure this is a classic phase, but I don't remember LJ wanting my attention so much - I'm sure I've just forgotten. PJ is a super-proficient crawler and he's learning how to get down from pulling up - this is favored over his falling down! He's up to two meals of solid food a day, but NO peaches. They do not sit well with him.

I don't know what we're going to do about the Christmas tree this year - there is no way PJ will leave it alone. He'll try to pull up on it, he'll try to put the train in his mouth, he'll try to eat the tree...no doubt about it. LJ was an infant his first Christmas and by his 2nd he was old enough to obey "no no no", so this is new territory for us. I can't imagine not having the tree, so perhaps we'll get the baby gate out and sequester PJ to the back porch.

2 comments:

thesharester said...

yay! can't wait.

Unknown said...

what about a table top tree?