Monday, April 23, 2007

Still Waiting...

Over the weekend, it seemed that going to the hospital was imminent, but as we got to Sunday night, it seemed like just another end to the weekend/beginning of the work week.

We went to do yet one more batch of laundry at the Laundromat...still waiting for that part to come in. Estimates show it'll likely be here no later than Wednesday. This is good as the "fun" of going to the Laundromat has worn off.

I'm having contractions, but nothing regular and very few "painful" enough to fit the "real labor" category I've heard about. I can tell you this - getting to 3cm without Pitocin is 100% preferable over getting there "naturally". That Pitocin is wicked stuff and I'm glad not to be on it right now. Come Friday, with no active labor, they'll hook me up, but I'll also get my epidural, so I won't mind it so much (I suppose).

What is with all the girl predictions?!!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think it will be a boy. 9 lbs, 2 oz. 21.5 inches. I like the name Thomas Matthew myself....or Thomas Samuel. But I am not the one having the baby.

Chrissy

Anonymous said...

And I did the Pitocin twice...and one time with no epidural. So, if I can do it, so can you!!

:) Lena