...the newest baby J is supposed to arrive. I think this time will go quickly as the whole pregnancy has gone quickly. Sure, every day seems to last forever as my body is in pain, I waddle everywhere I walk, and this one seems to be a gymnast. I don't recall LJ moving this often or with this much fervor while on the inside. When it is 10:00 pm and I'm trying to sleep - this one is doing Mary Lou Retton's floor routine from the 1984 Olympics. This frightens me - what is this child doing awake at 10:00 pm?! I'm thinking this is a girl and she's already causing me a lot of trouble - can you tell, I'm frightened of girls? They seem so high-maintenance!
Plans:
We have a few things to buy - and they are more expensive than not. For example, we need a crib. LJ still sleeps in his crib (which is a loaner from my sister...actually, it may be a keeper because I don't think she is having anymore children). We have zero plans to transition him to a bed...he likes his crib, he doesn't try to climb out, and the last thing we need is a 2-year-old who is able to get out of bed whenever the mood strikes. We are going to move LJ to our room and we are going to move to the "guest" room - which adjoins LJ's current room. I think the first thing we'll do is move us to the guest room. LJ think of our current room as "mama and dada's room", so we'll disassociate that first. Then, we'll move LJ into our old room. Once this is all accomplished (which I want to have him moved into his new room a good 4-6 weeks before the baby arrives - so he doesn't feel like he got moved because of the baby...which *is* why is got moved, but I'm sure it causes some adult psychosis to be the oldest and feel like you were pushed around due to a younger sibling...as the youngest, I have no experience with this, but judging from others...I'm thinking this might explain a few things...just kidding), we will be able to purchase the new crib and get that all squared away.
Now, if only doing were as easy as planning...
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
8 weeks is not long at all
just the other day it was 8 weeks till my birthday.
its just like VOILA
and you are looking at the day you thought was 8 weeks away! yay!
Post a Comment