It seems we have inadvertently started a new tradition in the J house. 2007 ushered in the "we celebrate every birthday with cake" tradition. It all started on January 4th as that is Uncle Bri's birthday. We told LJ, "today is Uncle Bri's birthday" to which he responded, "CAKE". Of course, we thought this was very cute and decided that we would have chocolate cake (from Jack-in-the-box) in honor of Uncle Bri's birthday. We never finish a whole cake in this house, so we thought it more prudent (because I don't need cake sitting around for days before we throw it away) to buy a piece of cake instead of make a whole cake.
January 6th rolls around and we told LJ, "today is Aunt Mary's birthday" to which he responded....yep, you guessed it "CAKE". We tried to tell him that Aunt Mary will eat cake, but we won't eat cake. He keep repeating - throughout the day - "Aunt Mary's birthday - CAKE". Aunt Mary is a fan of cheesecake and, in my pregnant state - that sounded pretty good. I figured LJ won't really like cheesecake, so maybe this will get him off of this whole kick. After dinner, we went to the store and bought a small frozen cheesecake. It seems that LJ does indeed enjoy cheesecake just as much as any other cake, so we have not dissuaded him from the idea that we must celebrate everyone's birthday with cake.
As I look at my calendar, I see the next birthday to come is his Godmother KK's. KK, what kind of cake will we need to eat in your honor?
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Baskin Robbin's Ice Cream Cake! I recommend chocolate cake with jamoca almond fudge icecream, but choose what ever flavor combo suits you.
I've returned from celebrating MY's bday in CT. We had a Barbi cake for her b'day (selected from her cake decorating book by her daughter). Barbi's skirt was the cake, frosted with pink icecream and decorated with candy. Yummy!
KK
Post a Comment