Last week LJ was not only starving ALL THE TIME, but he was sleepy ALL THE TIME too. Of course, I was paranoid that he was getting sick, but that never seemed to happen. Then I decided this could be a growth spurt (and here we are full circle...growth spurts were a hot topic in our lives this time last year). This poor child could not get enough to eat, but at some point I have to say, "Look, your tummy just isn't that big. You can eat more later, but this is enough for right now." Then he'd cry and crawl over to the table and try to reach his Cheerios. If he couldn't reach them, he'd lie on the floor and wail. So, I'd decide he was tired and put him down for a nap...and sure enough, he's sleep for an hour or more. LJ's clothes still fit, so he hasn't grown at an alarming rate, but I'm expecting to notice a difference.
This week has returned to a more normal eating and sleeping pattern. I don't know how long of a delay there is between eating/sleeping and perceptible growth, but if I figure it out, I'll let you know.
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment