Monday, April 18, 2005

Rolling Over

Friday was a big day in the J house...LJ rolled from back to front...all by himself! I previously reported that he was exhibiting the skills needed to accomplish such a feat, but didn't desire to be on his tummy, so he never went all the way. Well, Friday morning, he moved his little arm and found himself on his tummy. He proceeded to pivot 360 degrees...not rapidly, but within the next 5 minutes on his belly. He is tolerating tummy time much better these days.

We dug out some of LJ's cousin DL's clothes...I remembered he had some really cute romper-type outfits and he was born in November, so I thought they should be about the right size for LJ. They fit (a tiny bit big) and are so cute! LJ looks adorable in them.

LJ hasn't been taking a two-hour nap since I wrote to you about that...I knew I'd jinx it. As a matter of fact, I am really doing a poor job of getting him down for his naps. I swaddle him, bounce him in the bouncy seat, and then pick him up to put him in his crib. All of this goes well, but as soon as I put him in his crib...his eyes pop open. Repeat. I know I am supposed to be putting him down while he is drowsy...so that he can put himself to sleep, but that would take too much work and we're not ready to invest the time needed to accomplish this. That, we will save for another day.

In other news, we had a fine weekend. RJ was out working on the back deck he is building and a man stopped to ask if we had any yard work for him to do. He and RJ negotiated a great deal for the man to grind down all the stumps in our yard. If you have ever been in our yard or if your children have every played in our yard...you know this is a great thing. All told, the man and his helper worked 4 hours and ground 20 stumps. This will make mowing the yard MUCH easier! And, children can run with wild abandon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just knew LJ wouldn't be thirteen years old and unable to roll from back to tummy. Yay for LJ!! See you this weekend.
Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the rolling over. And we are very excited to see you and run thru your yard with wild abandon!

:) Lena

Anonymous said...

OK I feel I need to step in here and give a little parental advice. Never, I repeat NEVER allow your child to be involved with an activity that includes the notorious Wild Abandon. Once they get involved with that, it is all over for your control of your child. You will begin to lose hair and never get either your child or your hair back. On another note, those stumps gave your yard character...