Monday, April 25, 2005

Friends...

Note: I have decided that…if you have used your name on this blog, I’m going to use it when referring to you. It will keep everyone less confused. If you don’t want that to happen…let me know and I’ll take it off before anyone is any the wiser!

Our weekend visit went really well and I think I am safe to say…a good time was had by all! LJ went down for a nap around 11:45 on Saturday morning and Lena’s family arrived about 30 minutes later. We sat around and visited until little LJ woke up. Then we all looked at him for a few minutes…until Chrissy’s family arrived.

Once everyone said their hellos and the babies “got used” to everyone…LJ had a bottle and Annie ate her lunch. I think she ate peas and some kind of meat. Lena and I got lunch on the table and once the babies were finished we ate our lunch. Little Annie played in the jumpy seat (hangs from the doorway) and Chrissy was surprised she loved it so much. Apparently, she hadn’t been fond of one that she had at her house. After a while, LJ napped and Annie tried to nap, but decided there was too much else to do. We did much visiting and much talking about babies and children. There was lots of laughing!

Hands down, the most memorable moment of the visit was when Emma (who is 7, I think) went to the kitchen to get some milk. I saw her trying to lift the gallon and asked Lena if she is successful doing this at home. Lena said I needed to help her, but Emma had the milk out before I could get there. She was about to pour it into one of LJ’s bottles. So, I said, “ok, what are you doing there?” To which she replied, “I’m getting some milk for LJ.” Prior to this, LJ was acting hungry, but instead of feeding him, RJ and I kept making comments like, “are you getting hungry?”…“do you need some milk?”…etc. and this sweet, helpful little girl was going to get him some milk!

Finally, if you have not made any book suggestions, please post a comment under the previous post (suggestions from males are especially requested)!

Question:

What is the last movie you saw in the movie theater and should LJ rent it when he is of the appropriate age?

6 comments:

Martha said...

The last movie we saw in the theater was "Hitch". We don't get out to the movies too often. It was good for some laughs, but I don't think you need to add it to your "must rent" list for 17 years in the future! I don't think it will withstand the test of time.

Anonymous said...

All little boys I have recently babysat for have insisted upon repetitively watching The Incredibles. It is too cute. I'm sure he would love it.

Anonymous said...

Sin City.

Uhhh, define "appropriate age". I'm not sure I was old enough.

Anonymous said...

OK, so i double posted on the reading list post.

The last movie I saw in the theatre was an oouting with my beautiful wife to see "Hitch". Kevin James was pretty funny and Will Smith was decent. This movie will not stand the test of time.

Speaking of Will Smith, LJ - a must view movie when you are of age is Men In Black. Thinking about that movie makes me feel like "I need a little snack"

Big Bro

Anonymous said...

Last night I saw "Fever Pitch"... definitely a great movie, especially if you are a Red Socks fan. When you are of age I'm sure that you will hear about the Curse of the Bambino and how excited everyone was when the Red Socks finally won the World Series- great times. I would recommend seeing the movie- but it probably won't be number one on ESPN's best sports of all time list like Hoosiers will always be!

Anonymous said...

Last movie I saw in theater was The Incredibles. Two thumbs up.

Lena