The Js are looking forward to out guests this weekend…LS’s Family and CP’s family. LJ loves guests and will be happy to share his toys with little AP. ES and HS can share them too, but they are much too grown up to be entertained by LJ’s toys. We’re planning a great lunch…a nice mixture of chicken, brisket, sausage, and ribs…I just couldn’t decide what I wanted to eat, so I said, “heck, let’s just get a little of everything!” I can’t wait!
Nothing new is happening here. I am counting down the days until solid food starts. We decided to wait until LJ is 6 months old. He seems to be doing just fine on breast milk alone, so the doctor says there is no need to rush. From what I read, if we wait until 6 months, we don’t have to start with rice cereal. So, the question is…what should be his first food. I’m leaning toward sweet potato. What was your child’s/children’s first food? Any wisdom as to things we should consider so far as the introduction of solid foods is concerned?
I’ll write a nice post about our weekend early next week.
Question:
What book(s) did you really enjoy reading as a child?
Thursday, April 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I read and re-read all the Beverly Cleary books (about Ramona Quimby, her family, and friends).
I LOVE a book called “Mr. Pudgins.” I don’t know who wrote it. Mr. Pudgins would baby-sit for this family and each chapter of the book detailed one of their adventures. In one chapter, Mr. Pudgins made all of the faucets run different flavors of soda! Since your MawMaw didn’t keep soda in the house, I found this chapter extremely fascination.
Finally, a book (series of books) that I hope you will enjoy as much as I is “All Creatures Great and Small”.
I’m sure you and I will share many favorites!
This was when I was a bit older, but I loved all the Judy Blume books and would read them over and over again....
Lena
PS. We are very excited for tomorrow's visit!
My favorites were the Little House on the Prairie series and the Nancy Drew books.
KK
I also loved the Beverly Cleary and Judy Blume books. Reading books to Morgan are great reminders of childhood fav's, I am now reading her another one of my favorites, "Charlotte's Web". Morgan's grandmommy likes to give her books and 2 of her favorites have been "Hurricane" and "A Bad Case of the Stripes" - this is a great one. We also read the Berenstein Bears, over and over.
-Amanda
I am not sure that books were invented until martyj was born. I might have read a few Hardy Boys but don't remember - Zane Grey and Louis Lamore were definetly read but looking back I don't see why I wasted my time.
LJ, wait until you are old enough and read all Clancy and Grisham have to offer.
Favorite book that is on the must read list at any age? The Bible
I tried to post two comments (one for books and one for movies) but they don't seem to have made it. So, this might be redundant but:
I don't think that books were invented until martyj was born. But if I scratch my head I can remember a few glances at the Hardy Boys series and Zane Grey and Louis Lamore but for the life of me I don't know why I did that.
LJ, wait until you are old enough and read all the Clancy and Grisham that you can.
A must read at any age? The Bible
Big Bro
Once I was in junior high, I read the Chronicles of Narnia series or the Lord of the Rings Trilogy (plus the Hobbit) pretty much every summer until I graduated. When I was in Big Spring though, I must admit that I'd exhausted all of the books I could find in the library and even read the Sweet Valley Twins books - I don't recommend them, as the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and even Danny something or other are all much better. But then and now, biographies are my favorite reading, learning about people of all time periods and motivations, their successes and their failures.
Post a Comment