Last week was a break from our Summer Home School as the boys attended Vacation Bible School from 9:00 - Noon. Things have come a long way since I last attended Vacation Bible School..for one thing, it was majorly themed. PandaMania - God is Wild about You! There were t-shirts, posters, a music CD, team-building games, crafts, Bible stories, etc. It was a fun-filled morning and the boys looked forward to going every day. We have been playing the music CD non-stop in the car and everyone sings along...Ruth claps and smiles.
We'd get in the car around 8:40 and head to drop of the boys, then Ruth would fall asleep in the car on the way home. She'd wake up when we'd pull in the driveway, but I was always able to get her back to sleep for her morning nap. Then, I'd have about an hour and a half of alone-time at home! This was much treasured. I folded laundry while I watched whatever *I* wanted to watch on TV. Around 11:30, Ruth and I would head to work to do the trade-off with Richard. I have class from Noon - 3:00, so Richard dropped me off and then went to pick up the boys and get them home for lunch. At 12:45, Jessica (or her sister, Natalie) came over to babysit until I got home at 3:15. Jessica and Natalie were also volunteering at VBS, so that was an extra-treat for the boys.
Wednesday night, Richard had a school board meeting and then he did some observations, so he left around 6:45 and didn't get home until after 9:00. Thursday night, he did some more observations and didn't get home until after 9:00 as well.
Friday, we had the added fun of a birthday party for one of Luke's Kindergarten classmates, so after VBS, we headed to the pool party. It was nice to see people we haven't seen in a couple of months!
This coming week we will be back to Summer Home School. I picked up a couple of $1 workbooks at Target... Luke is going to work on the United States and Paul is going to work on math. This will be my last full week of summer school!
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ok i've been really patient but i NEED more news @ your life!!!!
Post a Comment