RJ decided that the lunar eclipse was a good reason to camp with the boys...in our backyard. He decided this at bedtime, so he wins the prize for being most spontaneous. We all know I would never be in the running for such a prize.
The boys joyfully gathered the blankets and sleeping bags and talked loudly about how much fun it would be to stay up late and sleep in the tent. I got REJ to bed at her regular time and the boys did stay up late - I think LJ was asleep around 9:30 and PJ a bit after...since he no longer had anyone to talk to him.
They all came in to go to the bathroom around 1:45 am and RJ told me it was cloudy and they couldn't see much...so, I went back to sleep. Then around 3:30, he came in to get me because there was a big break in the clouds approaching. So, I got to see the last part of the eclipse...it was pretty cool. I went back to bed anticipating REJ would wake up any minute...and I didn't hear from her until 7:15! She went 11 hours. Amazing! I've said that the boys will all have to sleep in the tent again tonight so we can replicate this 11 hours.
I anticipated grumpy and over-tired boys today and I needed to finish the Christmas cards and make more peanut brittle. Surprisingly, while they are clearly tired, they aren't too grumpy. I decided naps would occur earlier than usual today AND I could use the "threat" of "no playing in the tent this afternoon unless you actually sleep during nap time" to ensure sleeping. Christmas cards are in the mail and the first of two batches of peanut brittle is cooling.
Finally, REJ wore tights with her dress Sunday morning...and RJ dressed her.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Spontaneous helps make the world a great place to be...
Post a Comment