I think I have a cleaning routine down. The key to this working is not to let the clutter get out of control. This means making sure the kids aren't going nuts getting toys out AND that they put them away at regular intervals. They don't seem to mind putting them away when the task isn't so overwhelming. Also, I put stuff away a couple of times a day (it takes like 10 minutes each time) and that keeps things under control. Keeping the clutter down then allows me to do 1 hour of house work a day...
In each of these areas, I clean surfaces, vacuum and steam the floor...meaning thoroughly...I move furniture that can be moved, etc.
Mondays - Kitchen and LJ's Room (and grocery store)
Tuesdays - Dining Room and PJ's Room
Wednesdays - Living Room and Computer Desk
Thursdays - Bathroom and Hallway (and Target)
Fridays - Our Bedroom
Saturdays - Vacuum house (without moving furniture...just to knock back the dirt/dust)
Sundays - No Cleaning
I do laundry on Wednesdays and Sundays. That's it. Unless there is something that is really needed. I fold laundry while I watch tv. As in, kids be gone!
I plan to do an extra 15 minutes a day for a week in each of these areas (ala Fly Lady) - so this week my extra 15 minutes is in the kitchen (not that this is where The Fly Lady is working...that is just where I decided to start). Yesterday, I cleaned the stove top...took off the grates, knobs, etc. and washed it all down. I have a clean stove top! I also cleaned off the window sill. Today, I'm going to clean the toaster oven.
LJ had a slight fever for a couple of days over the weekend...so he did a lot of "playing" camping and nap time. Yesterday, PJ had the fever. He refused to take Tylenol, so he is suffering needlessly. It does keep him listless and out of trouble though. Silver lining?!
I had my 30 week appointment yesterday. Nothing unusual. I do not have gestational diabetes. Blood pressure 124/70. I am measuring fine. Baby is moving. Heartbeat is strong. See the dr. again in 3 weeks. My feet and legs are frequently aching, I am generally unable to get a good breath and I'm getting pooped quickly, but all to be expected.
Tomorrow, I start summer school - 4 hours of teaching every morning until July 23rd. Should be interesting. Plus, I imagine this will have some impact on my ability to keep to my cleaning schedule.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, that's some early nesting instinct. glad to know your summer schedule as I had no idea you were teaching! you've shamed me @ my lack of vacuuming desire.
Post a Comment