We took both kids to the dr. for a well visit and their next vaccination. I took LJ on Monday. He is due for his 2nd MMR, 2nd Varicella, and last DTaP and Polio. We only did the MMR and will do the Vacricalla and the combo DTap/Polio at the end of the summer. This is in accordance with our spacing the vaccines to keep the level of aluminum and other "extra" substances to a "more acceptable level". So, you can see, by the time he enters Kindergarten, he'll have all of the vaccines he's supposed to have...just not at such an accelerated rate.
He actually cried about the shot, but got a lollipop in the end, so all was good.
RJ took PJ on Friday. He got his 1st MMR. According to RJ, PJ did not cry and he got a Thomas sticker, so he was happy. PJ spent the morning saying, "I'm ready to go get my shot now!" - so I guess he was truly ready!
LJ has a birthday party to go to...at 2:00pm ON MOTHER'S DAY! Who does this? Well, I can tell you who, but I won't. First of all, is our 5 year old the last 5 year old on earth who still takes an afternoon nap? It would seem so if I take the typical birthday party time as any indication. Sure, he doesn't always sleep, but LJ goes to his room and lays on his bed for 2 hours every afternoon that we are home. Second of all, Mother's Day? I think you get my point. So, today, LJ and I need to buy a birthday gift for this child. The volume of gifts that I see piled up at these parties strengthens my resolve not to have a birthday party where we invite his classmates.
I don't know about you, but we still have most of the Easter candy in our house. We, the J parents, didn't even do much candy, but somehow, we accumulated a ton of it. I labeled a Ziploc bag with each child's name on it (have to keep the candy separated!) and I dug the jellybeans out and put them in a bowl. PJ knows this bowl exists and, for every 1 time he asks if he can have a jellybean, it appears there are about 10 times that he just helps himself without asking! I'm to the point where I don't care anymore...the sooner they are gone, the better.
Saturday, May 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment