Sunday, January 17, 2010

LJ is Sick

This next-to-never happens - LJ seems to be made of steel...he is truly never sick...especially compared to PJ who is sick every-other week. But, alas, LJ met his match. He had about 102 fever yesterday and his "tongue hurts". I translate that to mean his throat hurts. He laid around most of the day yesterday and then, after sun down, he seemed to deteriorate. He even had a sleep walking episode last night.

Today, his fever has been hovering around 99 and, while his "tongue" still hurts, he seems to be feeling better. If I discount the green gook coming from his left eye - he looks normal. I'm debating about this green gook. His eye is not pink or red, so could he still have "Pink Eye"? I have some drops from when I had Pink Eye, but should I put them in his eye when Pink Eye has not been diagnosed? I just don't like these cooties around! I've banned LJ and PJ from playing together (this will likely work for about 30 minutes). I've lectured LJ to wash his hands all the time. I haven't noticed LJ rubbing his eye. I guess I'll let it ride until to tomorrow and call the doctor if things don't improve.

LJ is most saddened by the fact that, due to his illness, we did not get to accompany RJ to Grandma and Grandpa's house. What was going to be an overnight trip became a day trip for RJ only.

I'm hoping none of us get this illness...if we do, that'll put us being ill right at...the first week of school - lovely.

1 comment:

bekah said...

being sick right at the first week of school..that sounds lovely ;)

and LJ has instructed ME that he is not allowed to play with PJ - and has even sometimes been yelling a warning about germs to PJ when he gets too close..anytime he coughs he does so in his elbow and looks straight at me as if to make sure i approve of his technique to not spread germs