I have fallen off the wagon with blogging. Actually, it seems like I have other things to do when I'm online and blogging has fallen to the bottom of the list. I'll try to get it back in gear. Of course, if you remember from last summer - you'll be getting daily reports from beautiful, sunny, Florida one day soon!
Kids:
LJ and PJ are both fine...growing like crazy. Would you believe PJ's foot is nearly as big as LJ's? It is actually a bit frightening. LJ is asking all kinds of inquisitive questions and has gotten much better at remembering where he last saw things. This helps us parents not to have to look for things ALL.THE.TIME. PJ is talking quite a bit and he is currently saying, "nope" instead of "no". So, if I ask him if he wants to read a book, his reply is, "ummm...NOPE". LJ, on the other hand, wants me to read him books all the time. I try to show him small words (he knows all his letters) and tell him what they are, but then he'll say something like, "why is hello spelled H-E-L-L-O?" and I don't really know what to say. The other day, he asked me why dinosaurs and people did not live at the same time. #1 - how does he know this, and #2 - I think the explanation is beyond what he can handle. I find myself doing a lot of thinking about what he's asking and what he can understand. Of course, I admit that there are times that I tire of the constant questions and I give him the big explanation with words I know he won't understand...and he usually goes on his way. LJ and PJ play pretty well together, but there is a A LOT of wrestling, screaming and crying. LJ will be playing with something, PJ will want it, LJ will say no and PJ will scream NOOOOOO at the top of his lungs...and all the possible combinations of that scenario. Some days are great, other days, I send each of them to their own rooms and tell them not to come out until I come get them.
RJ:
Work is work. The end of the semester means students are graduating and that always makes RJ a little sad. We have several leaders who have been with us for 2-3 years, so we will miss seeing them. We are hosting a conference week after this coming week and that means this next week will be very busy. Not only do we need to get all the conference components in place, but we each have to plan our own sessions and the workshop we will be co-facilitating. But, RJ's true love - his garage - is where he'd rather focus. He has 1/2 of the driveway left and then the concrete will be finished. He was hoping to get it finished this month, but we are not sure that will be possible. He found a lathe - after a major string of being in the right place at the right time and being persistent as well. He has had fun admiring it and fixing it up.
MJ:
Work is work. Classes are pretty much over - one more final to give and then grades to turn in. I'll be off the month of June, but will teach the month of July. My goal - to break no bones this summer. I've taken on a second very-part-time job - someone has to pay for all the concrete and garages and lathes. I am going to teach a communications course for an all-online school. The application progress is insanely long and complicated, but I am to the training portion - which starts this week. After 4 weeks of training, I'll be given 2 courses that I will teach with a mentor watching over me. Should I make it through that - then I'll have my own courses. I'll actually be facilitating the course as the school has the syllabus, course materials, assignments, rubrics to grade assignments, etc. all laid out - and I must use them...so, I'm just following directions. But, all from the convenience of my home for just a few hours of my time a week. I've been going to the gym 5-6 days a week (it is rare that I go 6 times, but since it has happened a few times, I'll say it) - As usual, if I were being more vigilant about my calorie consumption, I'd be seeing more dramatic results. But, I've been doing some strength training 2 times a week and that has resulted in some changes...for example, I have some muscles in my arms and back...that have surfaced. I'm trying to decide if I'll keep getting up at 5:00 am or, if I'll try to go later in the morning (and take the kids) during June.
Saturday, May 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hmm. should i be embarrassed that i had to go to dictionary.com as i did not know what a lathe was?
Yeah for updates!!!
Post a Comment