Today has been pretty productive. I've settled on a routine to try out this semester and I have my "Fixed Commitment Calendar" (time management concept I teach in class) set-up. It shows how I have time to workout, go to work, clean my house, do laundry, go to the grocery store, and REST. I can be flexible with when I do these things, but if I find myself in "chaos" (a self-regulation concept I teach in class), I can go back to following my schedule verbatim and I should be able to get to "stability". It will do me good to practice these concepts so I can show my students how they really do work
So, after going to the gym at 5:00 and showering and getting ready - I was home by 7:15...in time to get the kids their breakfast and sit down with my coffee to make my specific to-do list for the day.
On it:
go to grocery store
de-clutter pantry
throw away 1/2 filled old soda bottles
de-clutter kids' play kitchen
put birthdays on 2009 calendar
make dentist and dr. appointments for family
laundry
start dinner at 4:45
I still need to:
throw away the soda bottles - that'll take like 5 minutes at the most
de-clutter kids' kitchen - hmm...
laundry - not gonna happen today, but I have Tues and Sat as laundry days on my calendar, so no biggie
start dinner - it is only 4:00
I made PJ's 18 month and LJs 4 year well-visit for Fri. PJ will get the DTaP vaccine and LJ will get no vaccines. If his pre-school requires he have his 2nd MMR and Varicella - I'll get the objection forms. I'm willing for him to get those vaccines when he is 5 - for Kindergarten. I also made dental appointments for LJ and PJ. It is with a highly-praised pediatric dentist, so I hope it all goes well. The appointments are fully covered by our dental insurance (which I pay a a freakin' lot for...all due to errors on my part (long story) and I'm kicking myself for it) - so I'm taking PJ too. I'm going to get my money out of this dental insurance!
Monday, January 05, 2009
Productive Day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
february 19th (:
Post a Comment