LJ...
...is a fiend for Starfall.com - I am too amazed at how quickly he took to using the computer.
...is in sass-pot mode...which means it is time for boot camp!
...has taken to "sleeping like daddy" - which means in his underwear...no pajamas. This is fine except he doesn't like to sleep under the covers in his bed...so he is probably very cold. When I go to bed, I put a blanket over him, but I now he'd be more comfortable if he'd actually get in his bed!
PJ...
...was waking up from his naps crying his head off...and nothing would make him stop. I'm decided to put him down earlier and see if that helps...it had been like 2 weeks of this and I got tired of it.
...had been napping for an hour and a half...that, plus 10-11 hours at night is only 11.5 - 12.5 hours of sleep and Ferber and I agree that he should be getting 13.5 - 14. So, we decided to move lunch up to 11:30 and put him down for his nap at noon instead of 1:00...worked perfectly...he began napping for 3 hours and ceased to wake up in a terrible mood, BUT...he began waking FOR THE DAY at 4:40 AM. This was completely unacceptable.
...on day 2 of waking in the 4:00 am hour, we let him cry for 3 minutes, then RJ went in and patted him on the back, cry 4 minutes, patting, etc...and he went back to sleep until 7:30. According to Ferber - he is in an "early sleep cycle"...which means we keep his daytime routine the way we adjusted it and just treat the 4:40 wake up the way we would treat a night waking and do the cry/pat and it should work itself out within a week or two...amazing we knew what to do - pretty much.
...a couple of nights ago - PJ woke up crying at 11:30 -RJ went in there and patted him on the back and left. 10 minutes later - crying. After a couple of minutes, RJ went in, patted him and left. After 10 minutes - crying. (Each time, when RJ opened the door - PJ would stop crying) RJ went in and told him to lay down and go to sleep...PJ stopped crying and laid down. I was amazed that this worked...but, alas - 15 minutes later - crying. This cycle continued until 12:40. RJ never got him out of the crib and never stayed in his room for more than 15 seconds...it was actually kind of interesting. Then, PJ slept until 7:00. All in all, it was a pretty good night - compared to what had been the norm this week.
...did not take a very long nap yesterday - about and hour and a half, but he wasn't cranky when he woke up or up until bed time, so I was not too miffed about it. And - get this...he did not cry out AT ALL last night...and slept until 7:00. Hooray! Of course, I'll need a couple of nights to feel like all is right again.
...has grown 5" since March...oh my.
RJ...
...has concrete on the brain.
I...
...am a loser. I got out of my routine and I must get back into it. Since classes are over, I felt that I could "sleep-in" and go to the gym when I wake up...around 6 or 7, instead of 5. Clearly, I cannot do this or I don't end up going at all. Oddly, when I do go later - I feel kind of out of it because it isn't the regular people around...it is the 7:00 am people and I don't recognize them.
...went to the gym this morning - as a part of my fresh start.
...am addressing Christmas cards and making peanut brittle.
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow i wish i was writing christmas cards and making peanut brittle. instead i need to wrap my little surprises for acteens 2nite, take rachel to bb practice in a little while and take jared to the dr. you sound so productive and i haven't done my walking in the morning for a couple weeks now. boo hoo. by the way, you know that cool pic you took of the kids at thanksgiving. can you send it to me via computer. we are going to order some for christmas cards.
Post a Comment