Sunday, January 27, 2008

3 Days and Nights is Enough!

I've started to make a dent in this house de-cluttering. I read much of the FlyLady website almost a year ago, so I'm kind of following her suggestions, but since RJ is gone today, I'm using this as a way to really get ahead. I de-cluttered our #1 hot spot - the dining room table. Put a fresh table cloth on and put RJ's random stuff in a box. I have the back porch - aka - kids' play area in an organized state of chaos and when PJ wakes up from his nap, we are going to Target to buy yet MORE storage containers. I already know we (LJ and I) are going to have to devote 15 minutes every night to this room alone...if I don't oversee the process - everything gets all out of whack.

We went to visit baby E yesterday. This is an hour long car ride there and back. PJ slept on the way there and LJ was, as usual, great in the car. That kid can sit there and look out the window and be perfectly happy. E is a cute cute cute little boy and when I picked him up, my arms floated up in the air - he is so light. Of course, at 8 weeks old, he weighs less than PJ did at birth. PJ was very interested in trying to kiss (?) or take a bite out of (?) E's face - we'll go with kiss!


RJ comes home today - he was helping my brother and one of my brothers-in-law rebuild the boat dock at MawMaw's house. 3 nights and days alone with the kids - well, I'm ready to have some "help" again! I cannot fathom how single moms do it. I suppose you do what you have to do, but whew - I'm so glad I'm not in that situation. I have enjoyed watching movies RJ would not want to watch - last night was The Devil Wears Prada - still not as good as the book, but better than the Nanny Diaries.

1 comment:

thesharester said...

diet AND de-cluttering! you're awesome!