On all accounts, PJ is another "easy baby". He isn't fussy for no apparent reason - so long as we stick to our routine, he isn't too fussy at all. He is smiling now - and cooing. This is fun and we often have nice "conversations" that must be pleasant as he smiles throughout. I think he is a "mama's boy" as I seem to be able to comfort him more quickly than anyone else. I suppose this is only fair as LJ was definitely (and still is) a "daddy's boy".
As you know, I have kept a nursing journal (which is nothing more than the date, the time of nursing, and how long said infant nursed on each side) for both LJ and PJ. This provides much information for me to analyze and I do analyze it frequently. At this point in LJ's life (and you can see this yourself if you look through the Dec 2004 archives of this blog), he was sleeping 5-7 hours straight at night. PJ sleeps 3 - 5. We are eagerly awaiting the 6, 7, or 8 hour stretches, but they don't seem to be coming.
Swaddle - check.
White noise - check.
Pacifier - not good at taking it.
I mean, not good at it at all. He'll suck on my finger and love it, but the pacifier - he keeps opening his mouth wide as if he's trying to show me that he's ready for a good latch. If I did present a milk-producing pacifier...he'd refuse it once the milk started flowing, so he isn't hungry...he's just showing me that I don't have to worry about nipple confusion because he wont' let himself be confused. We've even tried different types of pacifier...not working. This is probably for the best as I can only imagine the issues we'd have with LJ if he ever saw PJ with a pacifier.
All-in-all, PJ is a good sleeper, so we can't complain - I'm just saying...LJ was sleeping longer by this age.
Friday, June 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
central a/c? i'm just thinking its a variable that's different.
or maybe it could be that whole 'he is a different person' thing.
hope you guys are doing well. i miss seeing you!
There is something to what you say - perhaps. LJ had the sound of the window unit - even in the winter, we'd use it for "white noise" to cover the sound of the trains. You could be onto something!
Plus, you're right - he is a different person - and I'm already comparing him to his older brother...what a drag ;-)
We miss you too!
Other variables: babysitter, Rosa's, "mama's new chair..."
Just thinking out loud.
rkj says she says yeah for that amount of sleep time - that way she'll be able to see him more often! we're counting down the hours until we see that precious bundle of joy!!! KJ
Post a Comment