Monday, November 13, 2006

Happy 2nd Birthday - Nov 14th, 2006

Tomorrow LJ will be 2 years old. I can't believe it. I was putting some things away yesterday and found some leftover newborn diapers...I can't believe LJ was ever small enough to wear them. But, he is growing up - luckily, it happens gradually, so I don't notice it unless something like a birthday or newborn diapers remind me.

We celebrated with RJ's side of the family yesterday. I billed it as "LJ's Birthday Party". Every time I asked LJ what he wanted for his birthday, he'd say, "cake". I'd ask him what else he wanted, he'd say, "cheese". One time I asked him if he wanted cheese cake and he said, "Noooo" - so he didn't think that sounded too good. His daddy made him a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting - it was goooood!

Whenever I'd ask LJ who he wanted to come to his birthday party, he'd say, "Dora" - so I worked hard to collect Dora party supplies. It was no problem as Dora is EVERYWHERE as discussed in previous blog entries. The trick was collecting these things on the sly so they would be a surprise to LJ.

We put LJ down for his nap on Sunday and then continued the preparations for the lunch the adults were going to have while he slept. Hamburgers, brats, baked beans, chips, queso, veggies, dip, potato salad...the works! After a long lunch, we cleared the table and set up for LJ's Dora party. I bought a white plastic table cloth and put Dora stickers all over it. Then set the Dora napkins, Dora plates, Dora party hats, Dora center piece, and Dora cups on the table and hung the Dora party banner over the door. We put the chocolate cake on the table - no Dora decorations on it and went to wake up little LJ. I don't normally wake him from a nap, but he had been sleeping 3 hours and he's been taking long naps lately (growth spurt?) and the guests were anxious to see the birthday boy. LJ was sound asleep, but he finally woke up and was so excited to see everyone - including Dora!

LJ enjoyed the cake and really loved peeling the stickers off the table cloth and putting them on his clothes. He blew out his "2" candle like a professional and did a great job opening his gifts...and then playing with his gifts. He was happy to have people there to play with him! He thanked everyone with a hug and a kiss and was sorry to see them leave. We left the decorations up so when he came out this morning, he was delighted to see Dora, Diego, and Boots all over again. I'm sure he'll have a great day playing with his toys.

Tomorrow, mommy and daddy will give him the birthday gift we found and we'll have to eat more cake!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday baby J!

KK

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday, little man!

:) Lena

Anonymous said...

Yes, LJ was the perfect gentleman and he loved the Sunday Birthday party, and he loved his actual birthday today... of course, we did eat cake again. I have a video of him sitting in his chair waiting for Mommy to help him open gifts, and I ask him how old he is. I have to motion behind the camera and mouth it but he says, "TWO!" Later, I asked again to impress Mommy and he replies, "FOUR!" So, I am glad to see he know his times tables!

Happy Birthday LJ!

Love,
Daddy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday LJ!
AA

Anonymous said...

LJ, happy birthday!!! Annie is celebrating with you in spirit. When we bought your Dora card, Annie wanted to know when your party was and if you would have Dora party hats. Sounds like you did. See you soon hopefully.
Chrissy

Anonymous said...

im just saying..its almost been a month since your last post.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MJ!!!-aa