Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Some "Firsts"...

Tap Tap - is this thing on? Is anyone still out there? I know, I know - it has been 2 weeks since the last post and I fear LJ has lost his readership? But as his mother, I'll find a way to lure you back!

Saturday, March 25th marked a first for us - and one I never thought we'd (by we, I mean I) do. LJ and I met up with some of the moms and babies on my message board. A mom who lives a little under 2 hours from us offered to host a gathering and, in total 8 moms and 8 babies born in November 2004 showed up. There are about 150 moms on my message board, but we live all over, so to have 8 make the drive was really neat. The kids played outside (I can't say with each other, but around each other) and then ate lunch and played inside. It was nice to find out that these people really exist and that this message board isn't some elaborate plan to steal my identity.

Friday, March 31 marked yet another first for us...RJ and I left LJ for the weekend. We had a conference that we had to attend (as we are on the planning committee for said conference), so this dilemma has been looming large all year. My mom and my sister came down (along with LJ's cousin CL - my sister's daughter) to spend the weekend with LJ. I wasn't worried about his safety or about him missing us...I knew he was in good hands. Nonetheless, when RJ and I pulled out of the driveway, I had to fight back the tears. Luckily, we were so busy most of the weekend, that I didn't have time to think about it and every time I called the report was that LJ was having a great time! So, that hurdle is over...I don't imagine sending LJ off to spend the weekend somewhere else for a while. Mostly because of all the stuff we'd have to pack up to take to that place...right now, it is much easier to leave him at home - where all his stuff is.

I have come down with a cold...a pesky cold with low-grade fever. RJ was taking the day off to finish working on his truck (we've been a 1-car family for over a month now), so he took LJ up to Aunt MJ and Uncle BJ's for the day (as this is where he's working on the truck). I haven't had a whole day alone in the house in over a year. I've taken a 2 hour nap and am starting to feel better - and that is why you are getting this update!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been checking too, and heard crickets on the other end! been waiting anxiously to hear LJ's stories.
Hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

another faithful LJ blog reader, I am his auntie K