Well, after much consternation, RJ and I decided that LJ’s sleeping issues might indeed be related to his food consumption during the day. I consulted the message board that I read and my friend, Chrissy and these sources indicated that their children were eating more solids during the day at LJ’s age than LJ was eating. It seems that many parents feed their 7-month old 3 meals of solids a day. We were doing 1 and sometimes we’d skip that. So, we have been making a conscious effort to get 3 meals a day into this little guy. He takes these meals eagerly and seems to be a bottomless pit. One day, I decided I’d see just when he’d decided he’s had enough. I couldn’t do it! He kept going and I chickened out before he gave up. He’s probably eating about 2 ounces of fruit or veggie and ¼ cup of cereal at each meal. Add to that a few handfuls of Cheerios and he’s full as a tick at the end. He’s also nursing 5 times a day, but…
He’s back to his normal sleeping habits! Up once a night (around 2:30) for a 10 minute nursing session and then back down until 7:00 or so. AND…he is taking a 1 ½ - 2 hour morning nap and a 1 ½ - 2 hour afternoon nap. Finally, the napping schedule about which I’ve been dreaming! Oh, a glorious 1 – 2 hours during the day to do whatever I want to do.
I guess LJ decided he doesn't have to stay awake in hopes of getting the food he's been wanting and now he feels that it is ok to catch some zzz's.
I’m going to list LJ’s foods so I have this record. At 7 months, LJ is eating:
Rice cereal
Oatmeal
Barley
Sweet Potato
Squash
Carrots
Bananas
Pears
Peaches
Applesauce
The next vegetable I plan to introduce – green beans
The next fruit I plan to introduce – mango
For me, I am about ½ way through summer school! This is great, but the summer students are a lot of fun, so I don’t mind it at all. I am going to start a new schedule this coming school year. Instead of being on a 12 month contract, I’m going to be on a 10 ½ month contract. This allows me to work full-time for 10 ½ months (but I don’t have to physically be in the office anymore than I am right now) instead of part-time for 12 months. The pay is about the same, but the perks are better for me right now. I get 6 weeks off during the summer! And, since I’m not 12 months, I don’t accrue vacation leave, but that means I can’t use it either. Instead, whenever the students aren’t on campus (Christmas break, Spring break, etc.) I don’t have to be there either. Since I won’t be able to use the vacation I’ve already accrued, I’m going to use that this summer. I have over 7 weeks worth, so I’ll pretty much be off the entire month of July and ½ of August. YIPPEE! This will allow RJ to work a normal schedule.
RJ is working on the house this summer. Right now, he is putting a deck on the back of the house. This will be great because the afternoon sun beats in the back windows. This deck (with cover) should keep the back porch much cooler this summer!
Sunday, June 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I read LJ's babyfood menu before breakfast&it actually made my mouth water!!!I'm so happy about his sleeping schedule and you having some summer off.Aunt K
aight, i clicked on your blog several times, and here i am posting a comment. why, i even sent you an email (before i read your comment, actually, if you believe that). i'm planning to call ya this week sometime to chat. i miss fridays with LJ. tear.
Post a Comment